Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Have a Epson WF-2760....indicated BK 220-I running low, then

out. Have tried many times...
Have a Epson WF-2760....indicated BK 220-I running low, then out. Have tried many times to replace with similar cartridge but continually indicates it cannot recognise ink cartridge......first time replacement in new printer.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epson Workforce WF-2760 ....standard capacity 220 Epsoncartridges.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC desktop microsoft
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Yesterday when printer indicated BK run out....replaced it with (correct) cartridge but continues time after time to say it cannot recognise BK 220 cartridge
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Look I am in 70's....not the most tech savvy person in the world....but I thought this would be straight forward.
9/19/2017
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Thank you

Try following these exact steps to remove and reinsert the ink cartridges.

http://www.refreshcartridges.co.uk/igloo/epson-inkjet-printer-rejecting-printer-cartridges-try-this/

That measured, careful ny the book approach to replacing the ink cartridges might clear the error. Let me know if this works for you or not, and we will continue from there.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin shouldn't this be a simple matter of replacing a cartridge.......as a pensioner I don't what to just throw $55 to the wind!

Please ignore any offers for extra paid services. Instead just focus on the steps I just sent you.

Be thorough, Be methodical, and let me know the results.

Dustin S.

Still no change....indicating 3 responses.....replace the ink, not recognising and nozzle head maybe clogged.

In that case, then the printhead needs to be manually cleaned. This video is for a similar model and will show yiou what to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IszUNL7znds

Try that, and let me know if it solves the issue.. If not, you either have a bad cartridge, or the printhead has failed.

Dustin S.

Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist

To start the connection, please click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1c4cc17c-d087-4e7a-9ec2-60dcabe10e7b

On the next page, scroll down and click the agree button.. It should then ask you to save or run the elsinore screen connect file. Run it, and then when it asks you to allow it, do so. That will connect us.

If you get stuck completing the above steps try them again, and if you still cant connect send a reply and let me know what web browser you are using, so I can give you specific steps on how to connect.

Dustin S

Thanks, ***** ***** cartridge....new one has solved problem
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist