Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have Photosmart C5280 and the panel on the printer the…

Customer Question
I have Photosmart C5280...

I have Photosmart C5280 and the panel on the printer the status bar like rainbow color on the bottom just keeps on running endlessly, I do a complete reset but after starting the printer again it will keep on doing the same thing

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

The exact Model is HP Photosmart C5280 All iIn One Printer . Scanner . Copier

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I-mac 27" Retina display macOS Sierra, but the computer does not see the printer and even with the printer not connected to the computer the status bar does not end and dipole the options on what to do next it just keeps on running at the bottom of the display with HP showing above it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I got it from a friend that said it never worked and that it is brand new, so he gave it to me and he was going to buy another brand

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes is this fixable or should I throw it away like my friend wanted to do

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris