Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I check ink levels? It's an all-in-one that I bought…

Customer Question
How do I check...

How do I check ink levels?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It's an all-in-one that I bought a month, +/- ago. It's anXP-440

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

A Mac book Air

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been a problem for me ever since I unpacked it. While setting it up, I was able to install the ink cartridges.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Sure, how do I stop the carriage so that I can exchange an ink cartridge?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 8 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following steps:

1. Press the Home button on the printer, if necessary.
  2. Press the left or right arrow button to select option Setup and press the OK button.
  3. Press the OK button to select option Ink Levels.

- There, it will show the ink levels on the printer's screen.

4. Then you can do one of the following:
    • If you are finished, press the OK button.
    • If you want to replace an ink cartridge now, select option Cartridge Replacement and press the OK button. When you finish replacing cartridges, press the start button (copy button.) Once ink charging is complete, press the OK button.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

If needed, please click on the website below for the illustrations:

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd5/cpd52730/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/xp441/checking_status_lcd_xp441.html

- And for instructions on how to replace the ink cartridges, please click on the website below:

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd5/cpd52730/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/xp441/removing_installing_cartridges_xp441.html

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician