Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It shows a 0x97 error message, Epson WF7620, PC; don't know,

Customer Question
It shows a 0x97...

It shows a 0x97 error message

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Epson WF7620

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC; don't know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been popping up for several days now. Nothing special. It just won't print or copy.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

I think I have Windows 10

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still no change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a newer model, so depending on purchase date you should still be under the epson 1 year warranty (if registered when new, they usually extend it to 2), and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it. Beyond the warranty, it would cost more to fix than to replace.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

The reset did not work. I purchased the printer on 02-08-2016 with a two year Performance Protection Plan. What do I do now?
I want to know how to have this printer REPLACED under the warranty I paid for.
Are you there?

Yes, please allow time for messages to come through and give me time to respond, this is not an instant messaging system.

That really depends on the warranty,

where did you purchase the printer, and who was the warranty through?

Office Depot. Asurion

That is what I was getting at, the warranty is not through epson, it is through asurion, so you have to contact them.

They may repair or replace it, that is at their discretion, you'll need to find your original receipt and warranty paperwork, call assurion, and give them the warranty plan number, purchase date and price, etc. They'll then decide what they will do with your claim, if they will repair it, etc. They wouldn't replace it directly typically, but they may send you a check for the purchase price of the printer then you can go buy another.

Another unsatisfied customer here. Good bye.

I have no control over the printer, or the warranty process. I can get you a phone number for assurion if you'd like, but I can't control how they handle their claims or what their processes are.

Please note:
I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.
Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help and giving an honest and accurate assessment of your printer issue.