Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to connect my cannon mg3620 to my lap top and my…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to connect my cannon mg3620 to my lap top and my computer cannot identify the printer

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

My printer is about a year old. I didn't have any trouble hooking it up to my previous lap top but this laptop doesn't have a disc player

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just got this laptop and am now trying to set everything u[

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 10 months ago

You want to make sure that you are connecting the printer to wifi, this link will show you how.

https://appuals.com/connect-mg3620-wirelessly-using-printers-control-panel/

Once its connected to wifi, you can then add the printer wirelessly to your computer. On a pc you want to go to the devices and printers screen, and then click add printer and it should scan and find your printer. ( but only after you follow the link above to connect the printer to wifi)

If you get stuck or run into any issues at all, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.