Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Using Microsoft Word on an iPad Pro, I am trying to print a…

Customer Question
Using Microsoft Word on an...
Using Microsoft Word on an iPad Pro, I am trying to print a document that is 329 pages and I keep getting an error message saying "This version of Word can't print documents with multiple page sizes." As far as I know, all the pages are the same size!
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

When you select print, does a menu come up with different print options?

Only choice is AirPrint. After I click on that get the error message
We are on the cellular connection, no wifi unless I use. My phone for wifi.
Other documents in the same format are printing fine.

Thank you. Which version of Word is this? Is it always updated and maintained to the latest version?

Not sure, but I just did the latest update this afternoon
Version 2.5

Okay, there must be one or more pages in your document with a different page size. You would not be able to tell by looking at it. Unfortunately, page sizes cannot be changed in the iOS version of Word. You will need to do it on a computer. Do you have a computer with Word you can transfer the file to?

No, we tried to transfer the file to drop box and it did not work, it failed.

Are you able to email it to yourself?

It says email with Outlook and I do not have Outlook on the ipad
Just tried and Outlook wiped the file out - did not send.

Try this:

Tap the Share icon and then tap Copy Link. Then Paste the link into an email to yourself

Copy Link is not highlighted, so I can not choose it.

It must not be on OneDrive. Did you create this document on your iPad?

No, I got it from Dropbox that was sent to me. I have edited it, but did not change any of the page sizes.

Have you tried more than once to transfer it back to Dropbox?

I tried saving the document to Dropbox, but it took to long and timed out - the circle thing just kept on spinning

Perhaps try it once more? Otherwise, I'm afraid you will need to go to another computer, get the document from the original Dropbox link, and re-edit it.

We have. Is there anyone else that might be able to help. I hate to have to re-edit this whole document!

Alright, I will open this up to another expert who may be able to further assist you. Thank you for your patience.

Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

If you try to print the original document, does that print? The one before you edited it?

Richard, Technician