Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a mx922.it will not turn on if i plug it in in

Customer Question
I have a mx922.it...

I have a mx922.it will not turn on if i plug it in in certain out lets but will turn on in others with onley the copy led on. you cannot do any thing else,.the screen is blank.iI have changed the plug. the wire plug is good.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

This is a canon prixma mx922 printer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc win 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

1 day printer was not in use

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Alright, I understand you have a canon mx922 printer, and you have a Windows 10 PC .

But am unable to understand the LED light behavior that you mentioned.
Could you please repeat that in brief?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Please try the following troubleshooting which will reset your printer so that we could start over from the first and this could fix the issue mostly.

1) Turn the printer off

2) Press and hold the STOP button for 3 seconds.

3) Then press the ON button and release the STOP button.

4) While holding the ON button, press the STOP button 5 times.

5) Release all buttons.

6) LCD Screen should turn on and be blank. After a minute or better turn the printer off once more.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Please let me know if that works or please get back to us so that we could try further troubleshooting on it.

Thank you

Suhasini