Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Installed new ink cartridge yesterday. Printer advised wrong…

Customer Question
Installed new ink cartridge...

Installed new ink cartridge yesterday. Printer advised wrong color installed. changed to correct color. Now printer says print head is incorrect. What is a print head?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Cannon (pixma) MG5420.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC What is an operating system? I am in kindergarten as far as computer savvy is concerned.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The info that system needed to be unplugged and repair sought popped up last night after changi9ng cartridge to proper color. cartridges are same I have used for past 2 years. From same online company.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, printer says "support code 1403".

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 8 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Putting the wrong color into the wrong spot on the printhead may have fried it and you may have to replace it. You can get a replacement printhead here.

http://amzn.to/2xhfJ5P

With that being said, lets try a few repair steps first. Start by removing all the ink tanks, then unplug the printer from power for five minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on and insert the ink tanks one at a time. Then , see if it still gives you the printhead error.

If so, try this next. Download and then open, run and install the firmware from this page

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg5420?subtab=downloads-firmware

Once it has updated the printers firmware. Unplug it from power and plug it back in and see if the printhead error is gone. If you are still having the error, then you will need to replace the printhead, as I first suggested.

If you have any further questions let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Hello again, I never heard back from you.. Did my suggestions help you solve the issue? If so, please click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Ir you still need help, reply and we can continue working on this issue. If you no longer need help, still send a reply so that I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S

Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist