Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Do I need to pay for a driver to install my Canon pixma

Customer Question
Do I need to...

Do I need to pay for a driver to install my Canon pixma mx490 printer. my laptop doesn't have a cdrom.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?

Purchased the printer this year. and no.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It's a HP Stream laptop.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I purchased the laptop yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need to print and scan some documents

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Eric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Eric, Technician

Good afternoon! No, you do not need to pay for the driver. I will happily provide you with the link to download it right now, so you can install the printer on your new laptop! See the download link below. Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page. Remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

Bookmark this link to ask me questions directly in the future: http://bit.ly/AnswersByEric

Once you have downloaded it, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of this page :)