Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

12 yr-old Canon Pixma ip6600D printer. After warnings,

Customer Question
12 yr-old Canon Pixma...

12 yr-old Canon Pixma ip6600D printer. After warnings, finally stopped printing with error code 5B00, waste ink tank full. Imossible now to find replacement kit, so dismantled and washed/dried horizontal foam pad and cleaned around where waste tank is thought to be,Couldn't get to it to dismantle. Now want to reset ink counter to remove 5B00 code if possible, but all methods found on internet don't work. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Code keeps coming up 5B00, apparently for waste ink tank full. Its a Pixma iP6600D

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 7 Home Premium

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Kept getting warning message that tank nearly full but keep priniting if you like. Didn't realise significance of waste ink tank condition. Then when finally got 5B00, it simply gives the errod code and won't do anything else

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't find a Canon Maintenance and Repair in this part of UK, so it's a question of whether the machine can be persuaded to keep printing after the small actions I have taken. As I still have a stock if ink cartridges and printing was OK up to the stop, I don't fancy ditching the machine just for this!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Lets try this as a first step

Power off the printer.
While holding STOP/RESET button, power on the printer.
While holding POWER button, release STOP/RESET button.
Push STOP/RESET button twice and release the two buttons.
Wait about 20-30 second until the LED shows “0″.
Push STOP/RESET button four times.
Push POWER button twice.

That should fix the issue, as long as you can get the LED to show 0.. If you get stuck, cant complete these steps or they dont solve the issue, let me know and I will assist you further as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.