Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a question, MFC-L2700DW, Mac, New Mac. Printer has…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a question

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

MFC-L2700DW

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

New Mac. Printer has never been set up. I downloaded the driver and the printer is on wireless . When I hit print it shows up under my printer options and I hit print and it says it is not connected.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On your Mac, go to this website --> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcl2700dw_us_eu_as&os=10030&dlid=dlf103104_000&flang=4&type3=583

Download the "Full Driver & Software Package"

Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to setup the printer. Or go to Apple menu > System Preference > Printers & Scanners. Click the plus or + button to add the printer.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Hello
I have already done that and it shows up under the printers but it still says it is not connected

We can reset your printing system and see if it works or not.

1. Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.
  2. Open Printers and Scanners or Print and Scan
  3. Hold down control and click (or Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu (or hold down Option key and click - button at bottom left and click Reset Printing System)

After resetting, your Printer will disappear from the list. Click the + button in there (in left corner) and add it back

Don't add if it appears under Nearby Printers. Instead, click Add Printer. Then add it and make sure the "Use" or "Software" is set for Brother instead of AirPrint or Secure AirPrint

Does it work now ?

Ashik, Technician