Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a workforce 645. I am currently having a problem with…

Customer Question
I have a workforce...

I have a workforce 645. I am currently having a problem with faxes going through. I there a way to check my communication is still working

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Model #C442A, workforce 645, approximately 5 yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

1 week

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There are certainly some ways to check your fax communication. First, to check sending:

- dial your own cell phone number on the fax, and 'send' a call to your cell phone. When your cell phone rings, pick up the call and listen: there should be a series of beep tones. If so, that's working.

- and then when that's done and you have hung up your cell phone, wait a few minutes, then dial your fax number on your cell phone, and note whether the fax picks up on the call after a few rings, and utters, again, several beep tones.

What results do you get? and do you need further advice, or have I answered your question?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help further.)

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech