Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I HAVE A CANON PIXMA MX922 PRINTER THAT IS NOT ABLE TO ADD…

Customer Question
I HAVE A CANON...

I HAVE A CANON PIXMA MX922 PRINTER THAT IS NOT ABLE TO ADD INTO THE COMPUTER PRINTER SPOT.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

NO, IT JUST STARTED LAST WEEK. THE COMPUTER IS BRAND NEW, AND IS A DELL NOTEBOOK SERIAL 5H9CJ52.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IT IS A PC. OPERATING SYSTEM (OS), I DON'T KNOW?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I RECEIVED THE COMPUTER ON 9/08/2017. THE SELLER COPIED INFO FROM MY "GREAT" LENOVO COMPUTER. BUT NO SYSTEMS WERE SET TO THE NEW COMPUTER. I HADE STAPLES INSTALL SYSTEMS. THE BEST IS OUR AOL.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I DO HAVE A USB 2.0 CABLE BUT IT IS NOT RECEIVING ANY PRINTER INFO. THANK YOU

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean you cannot see the printer at all to install it?

Is it a windows or mac computer and which version?

the printer is next to THE computer. The PIZMA MX922 IS NOT REGISTERED IN THE CANON.
WINDOWS 10. I HAD A WINDOWS 7 BUT THAT COMPUTER IS OUT OF ANY WORKINGS.

Thanks

Can you please click start, type in control and click on control panel

Then in the search there type in devices and click on devices and printers

Click on Add printer, click on the printer when it shows and let it install

Let me know the results please