Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cant get online with my wireless canon pixma 470 ws, no. 4…

Customer Question
Cant get online with...

Cant get online with my wireless canon pixma 470 ws

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No. 4 years

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Only just happened. Virgin changed my router the other day though.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Still says it is offline

Thanks

Can you click start, type in control and click on control panel

Then type in the search there devices and click on devices and printers.

Right click the printer and select troubleshoot

Complete any steps it asks you to do and tell me if it then comes online please.

error message is printer is switched off

ok, power it off, then back on and complete the troubleshooting please

Troubleshooting finished

ok, is it now online

No. Still offline
Sorry I have to go for an injection now

ok, when you return please use the disk that came with the printer to install it on the computer again.

Once done, tell me if it then comes online please