Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Color imageClass MF8580cdw, 3 yrs old maybe....The top load…

Customer Question
Color imageClass MF8580cdw Technician's...

Color imageClass MF8580cdw

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

3 yrs old maybe....The top load just stopped and everything else is working. It keeps jamming with paper. it will load 2" before it jams. Doe it need cleaning? Tried to clean it with alcohol.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This has been just this month, Before it quitting, it was working just fine. I was copying multiple files and in the middle of this chore it just started to jam on the top load.....so then to finish, I had to do manual single sheet load. :(

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think thats it, other than that. I have not had any problems nor complaints with performance. thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
9/18/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 9 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Try cleaning the feeder two or three times following the steps on this page

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/8201857800.html#43

If that doesnt do the trick, we may have to either replace the feed rollers, or the adf, or manually clean the adf.

So let me know if youre able to complete the above steps and we will go from there.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
When I cleaned it with alcohol swabs ... did do it several times, still jams. I was afraid of this replacement. Costly?

Did you try initiating the cleaning like I mentioned above, using the printers control panel?

Well, the procedure didn't work . I got a msg. saying the cleaning failed
Now what? How do I fix it?
are you still there

If it said cleaning failed. then we need to clean or replace some parts

Allright, heres the first maintenance kit you want to replace, there's three rollers that need to be replaced in the adf.

http://www.precisionroller.com/doc-feeder-maintenance-kits-for-canon-color-imageclass-mf8580cdw/details_86570.html

Youll want to replace those first. That may prevent you from having to replace the whole adf assembly, which costs around 200$ just for parts

Dustin S.

Dustin S.