Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Th printer will not print. I talked to a support person a…

Customer Question
Th printer will not...

Th printer will not print. I talked to a support person a while ago and she had me disconnect the electric cord. I did this and it still will not print. Computer says printer is not available .

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a PIXMA MX922. I bought it in June of 2013

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing. We disconnected it during the hurricane here in Florida. Now I am back to using it again.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/17/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

How do you have the printer connected to the mac, via a usb cable or wirelessly?

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S