Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My XP 630 printer is leaving black ink blots on my photos…

Customer Question
My XP 630 printer...

My XP 630 printer is leaving black ink blots on my photos when I print them. I am using gloss photo paper and have all the ink cartridges filled with the correct ink. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

I am using 410 cartridges with my XP 630 printer. It looks like it is the photo black . I don't get it with my regular printing of letter copies.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC MacBook Pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just started in the last week or so. In the springtime I had to upgrade my computer to Sierra 10.12.6 and everything seemed fine. I have changed all my inks in the last month.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just would like to correct the ink smudges. Thanks.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
The blots on 4 x 6" photo paper are about 1/2" from the top and 2" from the left edge on each photo
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/17/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris