Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My hp officejet 4650 jams every time I try to print. Why is…

Customer Question
My hp officejet 4650...

My hp officejet 4650 jams every time I try to print. Why is this?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is six months old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since I bought it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/17/2017
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Electronics Pete

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Does the printer attempt to feed paper in, or does it not lift the paper at all?
If it attempts to feed some paper in but then it jams, there must be something inside the printer blocking it.

Perhaps a torn piece of paper, or a stray staple or paperclip.

Try manually pushing a piece of thin, stiff card through the printer to help clear it and let me know if that helps?

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------