Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Reset the printer. can not reestablish network connection.

Customer Question
Reset the printer....

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Wf-4630. 3-4yo

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Dell precision

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I used the printers panel to reset all printer settings.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I reset the printer because print quality has degraded.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/17/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Please follow these steps to reconnect your printer to the wireless network using the printers control panel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z08Vo-y8qPc

If you get stuck or run into any issues, or you cant connect the printer to wifi.. let me know. Once its reconnected you will need to uninstall the printer from your computer, and then reinstall it to the computer as a new printer.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

not using a wireless network. Hardwired Ethernet network. I can 'see' the printer on the network but it is not printing.
No. Is this a live chat or email exchange?
still there?

Did you uninstall and reinstall the printer from the devices and printers page on your computer?

The first time yes. The second time I uninstalled via control panel add/remove software.
This process is way to slow to solve my problem. Need a live chat or telephone connection. Thanks for your suggestions and time.
Bye.

Live chat or phone support is possible, but the company does charge extra for that support.

Your best bet would be to have me to connect from your computer from here and solve the issue personally, we can also speak over the phone if needed. Would you like to try that?