Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My computer is telling me theres a communication error with…

Customer Question
My computer is telling...

My computer is telling me theres a communication error with my printer

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson workforce 500

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Xp

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started about a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No i just want to get my printer to work again

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/17/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just tell me what i need to do

Allright, is your printer connected to the computer via a USB cord, or wirelessly?

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
usb
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did you respond i dont see anything

Heres what you need to do

DIsconnect the epson printer from the computer.

Then, go to the devices and printers page on your computer and right click and unisntall all copies of the printer.

Then, reinstall the printer using the cd, or from this epson website

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-500/s/SPT_C11CA40201?review-filter=Windows+XP+32-bit

if you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.