Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a hp officejet pro 6978.replace cartridges and

Customer Question
I have a hp...

I have a hp officejet pro 6978.replace cartridges and nothing is working.purchased printer in Aug.2016 and rarely use it while I'm here for six months of the year.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

As I said,purchased it from Staples Aug.2016. officejet pro 6978

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

After I changed the black cartridge it didn't copy after that. Checked all the cartridges and replaced them today and it still isn't working. Friend deleted all printers from my computer. Need to pair printer to the apple desktop but it should be copying without it; I think

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all can tell you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/16/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris