Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It doesn't want to print anything. I checked the ink I did…

Customer Question
It doesn't want to...

It doesn't want to print anything. I checked the ink I did all maintenance checks and nothing

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

ET-2550. Not even a year

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac. Sierra 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Few months. I only used it once, and the second time I tried it didn't work anymore

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/16/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Well I bought it about a year ago, and I only used it once. The second time I tried it it didn't work. It looked like it was running out of ink

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Done

Has this made a difference?

Nope. It still doesn't print anything

What error is it giving you?

It doesn't it's just pushing blank sheets through. I cleaned the head and nozzle

Did you do a physical clean? Or from the software?

Software

They only next step is a cotton clean with alcohol and If that does not work the service logs are telling me to replace the print head, you've done most of the things already.

How much did the printer cost?

Around $315+. I've only used it once though

Was it purchased new? If so when?

a year ago

More or less than one year?

If it was less it would be under warranty, If longer it wont be.

It's a hardware issue and warranties do over this

A little over.

Ok then I'm sorry but this cannot be fixed online. Sorry!

Thanks

Kris