Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I recently got a new computer, and since that time I have…

Customer Question
I recently got a...

I recently got a new computer, and since that time I have not been able to print labels onto CD/DVD. I cannot find the Epson Software on my computer to do that. Do I need to uninstall the driver and reinstall? Also I did an update for the Epson and it says the Epson Connect is activated for the ET-2650... but I have the 730.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Epson Artisan 730 and it is about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC and Windows 10 with an AOC monitor and a DELL computer tower

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We changed computers and it used to be real easy to print the labels onto the CD/DVDs and now I don't find the correct Epson software with the function to print the labels

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I would just like to be able to have this function again, and have it be easy. I have been working on this for two days, reading the users' guide, etc., and cannot figure how it is supposed to work now

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/16/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What software did you formerly print labels from on the previous computer?

(If you wish, for a small additional fee, and only with your permission, I could look on your computer and evaluate and fix the problem.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I used the Epson software

OK, good. Is your current printer the Epson Artisan 730 ? and was your former printer the ET-2650, or is that model still connected to your computer or present in the network setup etc.?