Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother MCF-J870DW scanner printer. I can print but…

Customer Question
I have a Brother...

I have a Brother MCF-J870DW scanner printer. I can print but cannot scan. How can this be remedied?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have a Brother MCF-J870DW Printer - scanner. I can print with it but I cannot scan a document and save it on a flash drive. What can I do to remedy this?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have never tried to do this before but need to do this now so I think the scanner was never installed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, Can I also fax with this printer?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/16/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you able to make copies from the printer itself ?