Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson C84 started printing wide yellow and blue bands…

Customer Question
My Epson C84 started...

My Epson C84 started printing wide yellow and blue bands across the page while I try to print a black and white page

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Epson c84 maybe 8 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac version 10.9.5 which has been working fine upto now - however the pirnter has been switched also to a Macbook Air, where it also worked fine.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just today. Right before it popped up I plugged it back to my mac mini, after yesterday it worked successfully on my wifes Macbook Air

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/16/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Started yesterday

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Ok, I disconnected power and then held power button on for 30 seconds.

OK can you connect it back up and tell me If this helps?

Makes no difference. That didn't solve it.

OK no problem.

Have you done the built in cleaning functions or?

with the built in , no connection to computer, it still has those thick bands of yellow and cyan

OK the next step would be a reset of the inking system.

If this does not solve it then you have a hardware issue.

Is it OK to do this?

reset, how, do you mean replace all the inks?

No actually reset the printer to factory and it resets the inking system at the same time.

I am assuming you've replaced the inks?

How do you reset the printer to factory?

Does it have a screen?

no

How are you connected to it?

USB to my Mac MIni

Okay do you use or have any other printers?