Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

After cleaning code 0xc19a0035, original cartridges HP, age…

Customer Question
After cleaning code 0xc19a0035...

After cleaning code 0xc19a0035, original cartridges HP

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Age about 4 years, model Officejet 7500A Product code: C9309A

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Win 7 Prof

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

First time, before I had a carriage problem, didn't slide

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, not yet :-)

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/16/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2010 model printer, it is well past its designed maximum 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.