Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have inserted three colour cartridges and one black, all…

Customer Question
Have inserted three colour...

Have inserted three colour cartridges and one black, all new. Was able to copy a coloured cover of a magazine but the black cartridge doesn't seem to be functioning. Have tried to print black attachment to an email and it simply gives very light and patchy copy

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It's a DCP-J152W - I think I can hear you laughing now! But to be honest I can't remember how old it is, not more than 3/4 years I would have said.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

A MAC but don't have my computer buddy (son/daughter) and OS isn't something I know anything about. Sorry, can you give me a clue?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Well, it was printing as usual and then I began to notice that the black ink seemed to be running out, eventually copies were unreadable so that is when I replaced toner. After I'd put in the black one the screen told me the other three were low too so I replaced them.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/16/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris