Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is a Brother # DCP 7040, Approx 4-years, PC..

Customer Question
My printer is a...

My printer is a Brother # DCP 7040

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx 4-years

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC.. Windows 2000. Printing great until yesterday! I selected "PRINT1 copy. The one copy was ALMOST out of the printer when it jammed up

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was going to say that I had installed a new toner cartridge (as I have done several times over the 4 or so years I have been using this printer) Now it will print the copy I want, but it will get hung up and a second sheet of paper gets hung up in the drum and shuts down the printer.....I did not want the second sheet but the printer sent it thru only to get hung up in the drum........HELP !

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/15/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 11 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 11 months ago

Am extremely sorry for the delay I just now saw your question and thank you so much for your patience I really appreciate it!

And I believe you have a Brother DCP 7040 printer which jams when you are trying to print.

And the OS that you are using is Windows 2000 Am I correct?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 11 months ago

Thank you for the confirmation and I apologize for the delayed response.

As it's a hardware issue we have to troubleshoot with the device. Please visit the link below and follow the steps to resolve this issue.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=dcp7040_us_as&ftype3=1969&faqid=faq00000697_003

I hope this helps, if in case the issue persists after the troubleshooting please get back to me. We can proceed with more steps and fix the issue.