Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It does not print black ink. The cartridge is newly

Customer Question
It does not print...

It does not print black ink. The cartridge is newly installed.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

The model # is Officejet Pro 6978. It is less than a year old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Acer

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was an issue two days ago. GeekSquad fixed the problem and today is started again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, no other problems.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/15/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Do you have tried any type of cleaning?