Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a MFC-8710DW printer all in one. I just replaced the…

Customer Question
I have a MFC-8710DW...

I have a MFC-8710DW printer all in one. I just replaced the cartridge and all of the print looks smudged and blurry.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a MFC-8710DW. It is about 3 years old I am guessing. I just installed a new cartridge and the print is smudged and blurry. Even on good paper.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC. Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It did this once before about 2 cartridges ago. Then it printed just fine. Now its doing it again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Nothing else.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/15/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 11 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>