Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My MX410 won't scan. It just keeps saying PC Scan Standby.

Customer Question
Hi! My MX410...

Hi! My MX410 won't scan. It just keeps saying PC Scan Standby.

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Canon MX410

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC - what do you mean by operating system?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just now...I scanned a few months ago and it was fine... I printed something

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That should be good...what do you mean by OS?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/15/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 8 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Are you trying to scan using the scan button on the printer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
John, Computer Science Engineer