Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Sharp printer (large) in the office can scan to my

Customer Question
My Sharp printer (large)...

My Sharp printer (large) in the office can scan to my computer but all of a sudden an error message comes up when we try and scan it to another computer. "unable to recognize" something like that. We first go to the the printer and hit scan. Then go to network folder and enter the computer name. It has worked fine for years. This glitch has happened before, but it won't go away this time.

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Sharp MX 2610-N not old but not sure what year

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Several days. Says Can't find server immediately after attempt to scan

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so. thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
9/15/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

a few days. It has appeared before but would go away eventually after a restart perhaps.
This is not the computer that is affected. Is it the computer, then I would have to go to that one.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done (if it is a rocker switch there is a different procedure)
Regards
Kris

do I hold in the power button in after I pull the plug or before? Sorry if it's a stupid question.
Kris I picture you going from screen to screen to screen solving problems because there is quite some time between responses. I simply don't have the time to hang on but I know you're busy.
I'm going to request another expert in hopes that the process might go faster understanding you are busy.
Thanks.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hi, Thank you so much for your patience. I am Suhasini and I will help you further with this issue.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago

In order to resolve your issue, I kindly request you to try the steps given below:

Press and hold the [Power] button and then turn the main power switch to the "POWER" position. Wait at least 10 seconds and then turn the main power switch to the "|" position. After the main power indicator color changes to green, press the [POWER] button.

Note: When the background color of the job status display at the upper right corner of the touch panel is not gray, do not switch off the main power switch or unplug the power plug. This may damage the hard drive or cause the data being stored or received to be lost.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago

I can assure you that the provided steps should work. Please try this and get back to me with the status, so that we can proceed further to fix this issue.