Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Samsung Express M301. Paper jams when I place 5 or 6 sheets…

Customer Question
Samsung Express M301. Paper...

Samsung Express M301. Paper jams when I place 5 or 6 sheets of paper in tray.The other day several sheets were fed and jammed.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Yes . It will print if without jamming if I print 1 page but will feed also a blank page with printed page. I bought the printer less than 1 year ago.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

A Mac.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Same problem from start.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

After my experience 2 days ago when several pages jammed, I can't print anything as the paper feeds at an angle(left) and jams.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/15/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Has been jamming since I bought printer .Not even 1 year old.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Done

OK can you connect it back up and tell me If this has made a difference?

Thanks

kris

No diff. Still jams

OK, how is it connected? USB or Wireless?

Usb

OK the next step would be to restore it, is this OK?

Thanks

Kris

Sorry, I can't continue. This is not
Satisfactory at this time. I will take my printer to a technician.
Thank you

Excellent thanks

John, Computer Science Engineer