Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson Error 0x9a, WF-3640, 2 years old, PC, I have had this…

Customer Question
Epson Error 0x9a Technician's...

Epson Error 0x9a

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

WF-3640, 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have had this problem for about a week. Printer has been inoperatable. Apparently, I waited too long to replace an ink cartridge. I have since replaced the ink cartridge but I am still getting the error.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, can't think of any other problems.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/15/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I researched this issues and completed this process before I contacted you. I am still having this problem. You are sort of a last resort can we move on?
How does this extra $39.00 affect the basic trial membership I just purchased?

sure... can you tell me first what you have already tried?

I have tried to download Epson Firmware and my system will not accept it. I have also re installed drivers.
I assume I will not be charged the extra $39 bucks if you cannot assist by Secure Remote?
Are you still there?

Your payment failedfor the secure connect so this cannot happen

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

My payment card was missing the security code. I entered it but did not retype the number. This is taking much longer than expected.
I will complete your instruction later. I have to go now.

ok thanks