Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brothers Model MFC-J4420DW printer that won't

Customer Question
I have a Brothers...

I have a Brothers Model MFC-J4420DW printer that won't receive print instructions. When I ask it run a test page it does

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Have no idea how old it is. Model is MFC-J4420dw

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC - Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just the last 2 - 3 days. Was working fine up until then

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/15/2017
Technician: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service

Reinstalling the printer software might be helpful

to remove the software first, type programs and features in the cortana search box and open it

right click on the software for the brother printer and uninstall

No finally was able fix on my own

after the uninstall, click on the below link to download and install the printer driver software again

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcj4420dw_us_eu

ok.

thanks for the update