Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a hp F4480 and we are trying print and also copy but…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a hp F4480 and we are trying print and also copy but midstream the paper starts to feed and stops in the middle,in the left field where it shows black color a sign as if a paper jam is in the printer

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is a HP desktop F4480 Print Scan and Copy approx. 2 years

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

On desk pc and we have windows 7 professional..now printer not printing as well

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I am in florida so it was before the Hurricane on Friday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just exactely what I already said.I will probably remember more when you leave.oh wait there was a small power surge and it went on and off and the computer kept shutting on and off on its own. Then we started to loose power--it was Friday or Saturday. I know we had some winds on Friday

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/15/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

couple of days

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris