Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to install the printer drivers for an HP

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to install the printer drivers for an HP officejet 5740

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 2 years old, never been used, and the model is HP Office Jet 5740

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc, and the operating system is windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I plugged in the printer to my pc about 30 minutes ago,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Would just like to know how I get the drivers installed,

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 11 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Please download / install the driver for your printer at the website below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-5740-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617253/model/6617254/swItemId/mp-171172-4

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Are you able to download the printer's driver / software at the website I've provided above? Or is there any error or message?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,