Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

New computer hooked up printer don't know what to do next,

Customer Question
New computer hooked up...

New computer hooked up printer don't know what to do next

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hp f4200 2-3yrs

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Acer laptop windows10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today, trying to learn to print

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Did you install the HP printer's driver / software for your new computer yet?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was done when i got it

Is there any error or message when printing?

Are you currently able to print from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the printer is fine i just don't know how to print with this computer

What happens when you click on File -> Print or menu / icon at upper right corner, then Print?

What are you trying to print?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where is file print

Usually at the upper left corner. If it's not there, can you click on the 3-dot icon at upper right corner, then click on Print?

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,