John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

This is an OfficeJet model 6962 wguch I puechaased on July

Customer Question

This is an OfficeJet model 6962 wguch I puechaased on July 26. I connected it and made some copies. I did not go further as left for vacation
on the 30th and returned on Labor Day. I passed the Wireless Test. The Printer is within 5 feet of my Pavlion dv6 laptop. Today i did connect the ethernet cable and was not able to print. am running Windows 10. The wireless Device is a belkin.b7f.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: purchased7-26-17 from WalMart.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Laptop Pavilion dv6 Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I connected it the day I bought it and made a few copied. I did not try to complete the hookup since I went on a 5 week trip the next day. Last Sunday I was able to complete the wireless test. I also connected the ethernet cable to test if it would work. It did not..Many of the instruction terms afe Greek to me.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried following the installation instructions even though some of the terminology is strange to me. The laptop was idle for 5 weeks while I was away.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please exactly what happens when you try to print?

Please let me know