Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When i try to print it says cgpdftoraster quit unexpectely,

Customer Question
When i try to...

When i try to print it says cgpdftoraster quit unexpectely

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Brother9970CDW around 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OSx el capitan 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just now. I have been printing all morning

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/14/2017
Technician: Kamil Anwar, Technician replied 11 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Technician

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

just a minute please
I dont want you connecting to my computer, can you tell me what i need to do.

Are you trying to print a PDF file?

Have you updated the drivers?

There is a software update avaliable. Do you think that is the problem?

Is it an update for operating system or your printer software?

operating system
I'm using a MacBook Pro, OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=mfc9970cdw_all

Follow the link and update the printer driver for your current version of MAC OS.

Thank you so much!

You're Welcome. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking the star icon that will be greatly appreciated.

It's still not working. Still says "filter failed".

Have you downloaded the new driver and installed it?

For the printer?

Yes

I did

It is happening due to the driver not compatible with the OS Version. Follow the steps i am sending you to print the PDF file.

1. Select the paper size , In the Print Dialog, from the [PDF] pull-down menu, select [Open PDF in Preview].
  2. The OS Preview application will start. Select [File] > [Save...].
  3. In the Format box, select [TIFF] In the Resolution box, enter “600” and select [pixels/inch] Select [Save].
  4. Select [File] > [Export...].
  5. In the Format box, select [TIFF], Deselect [Alpha] , Select [Save].
  6. Select [File] > [Print...].In the Print Dialog, select the same paper size as that you selected in step 1, then perform print settings in the printer driver.
Preview quit unexpectedly several times

Update your operating system.

Your payment for the remote service has failed.
Please contact customer service on***@******.*** or
call them on +1(###) ###-####to clarify the payment issue.