Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Someone gained remote access to my computer last week.

Customer Question
Someone gained remote access...

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Purchased 8/17/17 Hewlett Packard Pavillion 570P020

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Don't have a printer, using windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Happened last Tuesday 9/5, he gained access by a Windows Support window that popped up on an e mail. Had me call a TL # and he was able to gain access that way.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have been told I need to change my IP address to block him out is that right?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/14/2017
Technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Your Internet Service Provider changes your IP

address on a regular schedule, usually every 3 to 7 days. A hacker cannot get in to your computer based on an IP address alone.

They would need running remote connection software installed on your computer to get connected. Did that happen?