Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

I'm getting lines in print and copy that aren't responding

Customer Question

I'm getting white lines in print and copy that aren't responding to my efforts to eliminate them.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: WF-4640. Approximately 2 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. Windows OS, 8 or 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been about a week. No real warning. All of the sudden, I saw lines where print should be. Did numerous print head cleanings, and set "Eliminate white lines" to -10 of -10, but relief was only temporary.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's about the full story.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

As of the first step, let's try manually cleaning the printhead.

Take a paper towel and fold it into 4 turns and make it little thick. Then add little-rubbing alcohol to it and then place it in the path of the printhead carriage. Then move the printhead carriage over it a few times.

Please follow this link to see a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAqXjX10xs

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.