Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

It tells me it's out of paper when it's not, epson wf-2540

Customer Question

it tells me it's out of paper when it's not
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: epson wf-2540 about 2-3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i haven't printed anything for a few months . . . that's about it it even feeds paper through, just doesn't recognize
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Robert.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

that kind of error usually means that it is trying to print from a different tray or on a different type of paper than the printer thinks is in the tray.

check on the printer console what type of paper it thinks is in the tray

and check on the print screen right before you hit print on the computer program that you are printing from what type of paper it is trying to print to. things like photo paper vs regular paper may make a difference as well.

I am available to log in to your computer remotely to assist you with this and speak with you on the phone if you like. but you might want to try what i said above yourself first.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll give it a try and let you know.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

ok i was actually heading off for the night

can we continue tomorrow ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tomorrow is fine. I get home about 8:30pm ET, so will you have time then? I'm in Colorado.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

is that at night or the evening ?

i am on cst which would make it 7:30 here. if that is pm i should be here around that time. might be at dinner or some such but if you post i should get back to you within a half hour at the most.

If you want to pay for a phone call and remote i can get you my cell number now and you can get me immediately tomorrow at any time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Lets try again tomorrow night after dinner. I dont want to pay the extra fee just yet. Have a great night!
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

Sounds good. Talk to you then

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

i am here and will be checking in every half hour or so if you want to work on this tonight

Expert:  Robert M. replied 30 days ago.

Do you still need assistance with this issue?