John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer prints a few words, very lightly, but nothing

Customer Question

My printer prints a few words, very lightly, but nothing else appears on the pages. I just removed the yellow tabs from all of the ink cartridges but that did not fix the problem.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epson WF-3640
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC/Windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It hasn't worked right for a couple of weeks, so I haven't been printing. I thought I would try to see what is wrong with it. Couldn't find the manual. Googled the issue and saw some instructions that I am afraid are too technical for me. The first thing they said was to make sure yellow strips were removed from cartridges. I looked and sure enough I could see yellow strips so I took them off. I have done nothing else.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris