Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer prints a few words, very lightly, but nothing…

Customer Question
My printer prints a...

My printer prints a few words, very lightly, but nothing else appears on the pages. I just removed the yellow tabs from all of the ink cartridges but that did not fix the problem.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Epson WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC/Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It hasn't worked right for a couple of weeks, so I haven't been printing. I thought I would try to see what is wrong with it. Couldn't find the manual. Googled the issue and saw some instructions that I am afraid are too technical for me. The first thing they said was to make sure yellow strips were removed from cartridges. I looked and sure enough I could see yellow strips so I took them off. I have done nothing else.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/13/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris