Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a frustrating problem. My HP ENVY laptop computer…

Customer Question
I have a frustrating...

I have a frustrating problem. My HP ENVY laptop computer that for the past year or so has been absolutely wonderful.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

In the last couple of months every time Windows goes through an automatic update it conflicts with my audio drivers and disables the sound on the computer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have taken my computer in twice now to our local computer repair shop and he says all that can be done is to do a system restore and then disable the offending update

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

That worked fine for about a month until Windows decided to do an update and shut down the computers audio drivers

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I've just returned from the computer repair store and turned on my computer and it immediately went to a Widows automatic update and shut down the audio drivers again

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/13/2017
Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to assist you today.

Just to clarify, are you running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10?