John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just bought a ip110 and it will print with the power cable

Customer Question

Hey I just bought a ip110 and it will print with the power cable but does not turn on without it, anything I need to do at first use to activate battery or something?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: its not a tv, its a printer, I just bought it
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: osx 10.11.6
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

You have the best printer. I see you have mentioned that its working when plugged to Power. It also comes with a Portable Battery which takes 3 hours to completely charge. You can see 3 step LED indicator to show charging. Please allow it to charge and then try. It should work.

I attached a manual below so that you can have a look.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300016799/03/iP110ser_OnlineManual_Mac_EN_V03.pdf

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It does not come with a battery, called Canon, please cancel my request
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Okay. Just to add, if it does not come with a Battery, you cannot turn it one with the power cables unplugged. Yes, Canon can provide you with Batteries or a replacement printer.

Please get in touch with Customer Service at : http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone for cancellations and refunds.

Thanks,

Kumar