John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have my printer telling me I have a paper jam. I have

Customer Question

Hello John. I have my printer telling me I have a paper jam. I have reached underneath to pull out a paper which was visible. I lift the top up and can't see any jammed paper but my Epson is still not printing.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I would guess that the printer is 2 or 3 years old. It is and Epson XP-630
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am running a Toshiba laptop PC with Windows.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was running off about 30 pages from my computer last week. I went to try again and the paper jammed immediately. I tried pulling out a sheet from the bottom about 3 times. I also checked the back plug-in and the settings.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess I want to know if I should be using a screwdriver to open the bottom and check for more jammed paper.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris