Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Been working for years now my computer is saying printer not…

Customer Question
Been working for years...

Been working for years now my computer is saying printer not connected

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson 4500

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just started a few days ago

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/13/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 11 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Couldn't seem to make the first person understand. Did not understand the procedure, I am not interested in paying $5 dollars and not interested in talking to you

By resetting the printing system and adding the printer, we are reinstalling the printer driver.

If you have not changed the router or any wireless settings, this will resolve the issue. Please try following the instructions and let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you!