John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Epson WF-7620. Pages have bands of 'streaked' printing,

Customer Question

Epson WF-7620. Pages have bands of 'streaked' printing, occurring every 1.3 inches. I have replaced the black ink cartridge (the only color that this is happening to) and also I've gone thru the print head cleaning procedure procedure. Any ides? I have heard there is a procedure to remove and clean the print head, or whatever.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epson WF-7620. Epson OEM cartridges.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. Windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It snuck up on me, probably over the last few weeks. It's become something I can't ignore any longer. I don't know what I was doing before this first occurred.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not afraid to dig into the printer if that's what is needed. In another world I was an IT guy.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

I see you have mentioned that you gave a Print Head Cleaning. Did you give a nozzle check?

Run a Nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. You should find the nozzle check option in the Maintenance option.

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have run about 4-5 nozzle cleanings. The test print only shows a couple of very short segments missing.
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for reverting. Can you please give a reboot.

To reboot,

Unplug the power adapter.

Press and HOLD the power button for 60 seconds.

Plug the power button but do not release HOLD

Release HOLD and turn the device on.

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Reboot performed. It's back ON now.
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Okay. Please do one more round of Print Head cleaning. I kindof think the Print head cleaning is not working as it usually should do. I do believe the nozzle is blocked. Let me see if I can get some video links to assist you.

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, I've started the print head cleaning process.
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

I have shared a video link below. Please have a look and let me know if you would be able to perform the same. Its quite easy, I worked on a same a few months back. Print head issues got resolved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IszUNL7znds

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cleaning done - the new test print looks identical to the earlier ones.
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Yes. I guessed so. Please have a look at the video. I think the nozzles are jammed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Link?
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

I guess you did not receive my last message. Copied it below.

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can do this, no problem.
I just need to get some supplies.
I should have a further response for you by tomorrow.
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Roger that. I'll wait for your updates.

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've gone thru the cleaning process twice, and the bands are still there.
Any other ideas?
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

No. The practices I mentioned are the ideal ones. How OLD is your printer? I think the print head/logic board has gone faulty. If its a Print Head, the replacement would cost around $80. If its the logic board, its over $200. Please check if the printer is under warranty ?

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It may be under warranty.
How can I get an email copy of our conversation?
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

It's always in your email. Whatever we talk is sent to your email so that you can track in case you later need to refer the details.

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, I guess we're at the end.
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Okay.. Thanks for using Just Answer. I apologize I could not help you to completely resolve the issue that you are facing. The good news is, since the Printer is under Warranty, you could get a replacement.

In case you can share us your feedback, it would be really helpful for us.

Thanks,

Kumar