Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Last night I had a problem with the support I was using

Customer Question
Good morning, last night...

Good morning, last night I had a problem with the support I was using (canvas), it got stuck and the print head stayed exactly where the canvas wouldn't move, I manually removed everything that was stuck and it seemed to be back to normal only when I try to print a nozzle check pattern it won't, the print head moves but nothing is printed. Thank you!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It's an Epson Surecolor S30670, I think it's a 2016 model

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, Windows7 Ultimate

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was printing just fine and then the cavas I used had too many lose threads that got caught up in the edge of the after heater and made the print head come to a stop due to the big wrikled material build up and flaseh a "call technical support" alert I couln'd call because it was past 9pm so I just shut it down and today turned it on, disposed of the caught thread and big wrinkled material and started loading my canvas normally until I tried the noozle check and nothing appeared. I cleaned the print head already but to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it, thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/13/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just once since last night

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No need, I gave it a nozzle clean and now everything is back to normal. Thank you